Followers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

When my 101 Occult books...

After a certain amount of time. Dependant upon your level of learning abilities, majority of us tire of the factual beginner books. Written by hundreds of various authors perhaps your bookshelf space is getting sparce?
That is when many might have concluded as much as... "Hm I might need to find more advanced books and spend more money?" But do you really need to spend that much?

 In my young and nearly four years within witchcraft and pagan studies I have dipped my head into so many cultures, beliefs, communities. Although not actively done anything from these study subjects. But from a merely mundane "muggle view" "Oh this culture did that, instead of what that other culture. Did with that animal, instead this culture used just that amount of grain..." See what I'm trying  to do?

Oh I know just the thing! You might be one of those who purely study matters within your OWN tradition or personal spiritual communities? Fine you can for all I care continue on your journey of security. Are you eclectic by chance or just one who doesn't believe in anything specific at this very moment not had your ideal WOW! Moment just yet?



Can I merely suggest that you try some of these things then?  That is if you truly are bored with all the common facts in this mix & match umbrella term many of us hide underneath?

- Find a book in your local library about old myths, legends perhaps even ghost stories? Become more familiar with YOUR place. The property you do your crafting and rituals on. I'm quite certain your village/town/community have something?



- Find a book or books on animals, trees,bushes, flowers, herbs, mushrooms, bugs, rocks and minerals, stars,planets and the constellations... yes those boring fact books.

And NO by all means NO I cannot be reffering to Cunninghams numerous listed books. I mean find the "scientifically handheld field books" for the common reader.

- Lastly when you have read through some of these books is when your exiting new exploration reveals itself. Connect and Combine from these scientific books, then you can use the worlds most expandable encyclopedia...(world wide web?) find symbolism, myths, and lore behind all these things. Just because one of your books mentioned that the southern cross is required to find south? If you live in the northern hemisphere...that can't help you much now would it?  I'm sure the logic isn't that dusty open up once again...


bye bye for now and until next time 




1 comment:

  1. i loved this. it is almost as if you were talking to me in person. and you are now on my follow list. very good blog and very good job. and i absolutely adore your background!

    hugglz and brightest blessings,

    dreamweaver

    ReplyDelete